vineri, 18 martie 2011

ENDIVES


I always wanted to try the endives. They are not common here and not too many people know to cook them. In fact, none of my friends could give me a recipe that uses endive. I found one into a culinary site and i decided to try it. They are pretty good. I would cook that again.

Ingredients:
endives
butter
lemon juice
salt, pepper
ham
gorgonzola cheese
Clean up the endives, break and throw away the leafs that doesn't look good. Wash them and cut long-wise. Into a pan warm up 2 spoons of butter, add the endives and add the juice of half a lemon and one teaspoon sugar. Cook them for a few minutes until they are golden color. Let them cool of, wrap them in thin slices of ham, arrange them into a backing pan and cover with gorgonzola slices. Bake until gorgonzola melt.

Because you saute them in butter and add the lemon juice makes the endives to lose the bitter taste they have.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu